Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Menu 3/17

This looks to be a good week at Publix! I sure wish they would start running better sales on their meat though. Everything has been so high these last few weeks. I've been going to Winn Dixie or Bruno's for our meat. I will be going to Allegri's again this week to get some of my produce. And they're ferns are BEAUTIFUL!! I love this time of year. I know when Art and Crafts weekend rolls around in Fairhope, Allegri's will have their gorgeous ferns hanging outside just calling my name! You will notice also that I have have left a couple of days blank next week with the recipes. I am going to start taking some nights off. I am allowing myself some "cereal" nights because I am just too pooped these days to get in my kitchen and cook every night. I am getting burned out. I tend to be an all or nothing kind of gal, and I don't want that to happen with this blog. I REALLY enjoy doing it, so I don't want to burn myself out. I hope that you enjoy the recipes this week. Those blondies looked too good not to make :)


One Pot Beefy Rotini
- Wednesday 3/17
Bacon & Tomato Frittata- Thursday 3/18
Baked Oatmeal with Berries- Saturday 3/20
Baked Veggie Macaroni- Sunday 3/21
Blondies with Chocolate Chips & Walnuts- Sunday 3/21
White Bean Soup- Monday 3/22
Spaghetti Squash with Sausage and Greens- Tuesday 3/23 (maybe)


Items highlighted from the Publix Sneak Peek:

Prego Italian Sauce B1G1
Muellers Pasta B1G1
Sargento Shredded Cheese 2/$4
4 Grain Eggs 2/$4
Hormel Bacon 2/$6
Strawberries 2/$4


Items from my stockpile:

Creamer Potatoes
Parmesan cheese
Quick Cooking Oats
Baking Essentials
Elbow Macaroni
Garlic
Diced Tomatoes
Breadcrumbs
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Walnuts
Italian Sausage


Non-Sale Items I'll Need:

Cherry Tomatoes
Ground Beef
Frozen Spinach
Granulated Sugar
Onion
Granny Smith Apples
Baby Spinach
Spaghetti Squash


Tonight I may make the White Bean Soup if I'm not too tired! If I don't get it made/posted e-mail me at fairhopefoodie@gmail.com and I can send you the recipe

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that you better not get burned out! My husband loves that I'm cooking new and yummy things.
    I asked him the other night if he wanted something specific for dinner during the week and he said "Keep doing whatever you're doing because everything has been great"!! That was nice, but I owe all the thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement! I try to tell my husband how lucky he is, but sometimes he just doesn't get it :) Glad you're enjoying the recipes...more to come! Oh, and thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete