Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jennifer's Pasta Alfredo Bake

I had a lot of alfredo sauce that I bought the other week and wanted to find a new way to use it. My sister-in-law Jennifer shared this with me. Its a take on a ziti bake. Five ingredients and super easy. Not to mention, delicious! I have to credit Shelley with the cooking for this one though! She made this while I stood around and kept her company :) Thanks Shelley! I'll let the recipe speak for itself.



1 box penne noodles (we used Smart Taste)
1 jar alfredo sauce
1 lb. ground beef
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1-1/2 cups shredded cheese (we used Italian Blend)

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium high heat. Drain off excess fat. Pour jar of spaghetti sauce over meat and heat through.

Drain pasta and return to pan. Pour in alfredo sauce and mix well. If it is too thick, you can thin it out with a splash of milk.

Spray a 9 X 13 inch baking dish. Spread a think layer of the meat sauce in the bottom. Top with the noodles and meat sauce in this order: noodles, meat, noodles, meat. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes until bubbly. Serve with garlic bread and salad.



Enjoy!


(adapted from Jennifer Ammons)

8 comments:

  1. This was delicious, I made it ahead of time and just had it for dinner, and it was still warm. It was very easy, I ended up making two smaller pans instead of a big one. Worked out great! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious-- Even better the next day. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this yesterday and it was absolutely great. Thank you for a delicious and easy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this last week and my family LOVED it! Quick, easy and delicious! Definitely a new go-to recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made two larger pans of this for my son's 7th birthday. EVERYONE LOVED IT. thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just made this for the second time!!! It is delicious! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay. So like everyone else said, this recipe is great! My kids loved it and I loved it. Thanks for all the work you do. It is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was great and so easy! Its a keeper!

    ReplyDelete