Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Menu 3/24

Publix had a lot on sale this week to inspire me. Most of the recipes I originally came up with were for desserts. I can't very well do an entire Menu of desserts, so I conceded and put some "real" food on here too! I actually had to narrow my selection down. I had so many that I wanted to make! I hope I picked some good ones. Most of them are ones I've been eye-balling for a while.

Apple Walnut Oatmeal- Wed 3/24
Feta Cheese Chicken Breasts- Thurs 3/25
Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones- Fri 3/26
Cheesecake Pancakes- Sat 3/27
Oriental Slaw Salad- Sun 3/28
Sesame Ginger Chicken (previous post, making to go with slaw)
Pineapple Dessert Skewers- Sun 3/28
Sausage and Spinach Stuffed Shells- Mon 3/29


Items highlighted from Publix Weekly Ad:

Hunts Tomatoes B1G1
Classico Pasta Sauce B1G1
Ground Beef (using the $1.50 off Classico coupon)
Kraft Shredded Cheese 3/$5
Publix Feta Cheese 2/$3
Breakstone Sour Cream $.99
Philadelphia Cream Cheese 5/$5
Pillsbury Pizza Crust 3/$5
Jimmy Dean Sausage 2/$4
Oscar Mayer Bacon 2/$6
Pineapple $2.99
Baby Carrots $1.29
Publix Cole Slaw $1.29
Strawberries 2/$4
Sara Lee Pound Cake 50% off


Items from my stockpile:

Quick cooking oats
Granny Smith apple
Brown Sugar
Walnuts
Maple Syrup
Honey
Bisquick
Graham Cracker Crumbs
Sugar
Milk
Vanilla Extract
Eggs
Chicken Breasts
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Italian Sausage
Pasta Sauce


Non-Sale Items needed:

Onion
Plum Tomatoes
Jumbo Pasta Shells
Frozen Spinach
Red bell pepper
Butterhead lettuce



I'm kind of cooking from the pantry Wednesday, because I won't be able to do my shopping until Thursday evening. The Feta Cheese Chicken should be easy enough to throw together with some Rice-a-Roni.

I said that I was "maybe" going to do the sausage/spaghetti squash dinner tonight. Well, the maybe turned into a "no"! My oldest daughter is spending the night with her YaYa, so we only will have the baby at home. I think its cereal night! I'm going to finally get to sit down and watch a movie during the week!

Next post: Oh So Good Oatmeal Wednesday


No comments:

Post a Comment